- 0 student
- 18 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 3 hour duration
Welcome to Introduction to LaTeX Using Overleaf! In this course, you will create an entire example article from scratch using the online LaTeX editor, Overleaf. By the end of this course, you will have a completed professionally typeset article that you can use to help you with other LaTeX projects!
Are you looking to convert an existing e-course into an eBook? Then, consider using LaTeX. Did you know that LaTeX can also be used to create professionally formatted documents like eBooks as well as articles? Well, it is very powerful but also a bit intimidating, that’s why we believe it has to be taught in a certain way.
At e-course alley, we firmly believe that we learn best when we have a goal to work towards or a project to complete. Therefore, I have taken this learn-by-doing, project-based approach to teaching you how to use Overleaf and to show you how it can make LaTeX coding less intimidating.
So, I hope you will come along with me on this journey and learn how Overleaf can help you learn LaTeX more easily. Hope to see you inside!
Obtain an e-course alley certificate upon completion of this course.
- 18 lessons
- Over 2 hours of content
- Course Type: Learn-by-Doing
- Assessments: No
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Language: English
- How to use the online LaTeX editor, Overleaf, to produce an example professional science article in real-time
- How to start a new LaTeX project in Overleaf
- LaTeX basics: inserting and formatting text and images
- How to handle floats in LaTeX
- How to insert and format tables
- Create a 2-column article using Overleaf
- This course is for beginners who have not used LaTeX before but perhaps are familiar with what it can do in terms of creating professional articles, theses and books.
- Beginner LaTeX users
- Graduate Students writing professional articles for publications
- Course creators looking to convert existing courses to eBooks and want to learn LaTeX basics
- Anyone who wants to learn how to professionally format content for article publication in physical journals or magazines, or online
Lesson 1: Introduction
Welcome to the course! This course is designed as a learn-by-doing course where you will follow along with me as I go through step-by-step how to create an example article using LaTeX in the online editor, Overleaf.
Lesson 2: Overleaf Project Set-Up
Lesson 3: Creating Our Article in Overleaf
- Inserting Article Text
- Typography – Bold, Italics and Underline
- How to Insert a Table in LaTeX
- Positioning Figures and Tables, Adding Captions
- How to Upload and Insert Images in Overleaf
- Inserting and Adjusting Images
- Adjusting Image Sizes
- How to Create a Two-Column Article
- How to Insert the Bibliography
Lesson 4: Conclusion